Monday, July 11, 2011

A Short Introductory Post

An explanation of the name:

  • "a cappella" is a musical term referring to singing without instrumental accompaniment
  • this year I am going "a cappella" when I move down to Utah for university
  • the term derives from the Italian from "of the church" because instrumental accompaniment was deemed to be irreverent in the medieval ages. The direct translation is appropriate because I feel like the gospel has played a huge role in shaping who I am; I am "of the church"
  • ironically, singing is one of the few things I dislike doing "a cappella" or alone. (You know it had to have irony)

An explanation of me:

You do not have security clearance for this information. This incident will be reported.

4 comments:

  1. It's perfect, but how do I get 'security clearance'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear all about your a capella life! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more and I am so happy you started a blog.I almost deleted the invitation b/c I thought it was a scholarship e-mail.

    ReplyDelete