Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Classes **updated**

My Math professor is young (a graduate student) and his last name is Webb, but he's not very athletic. My New Testament professor is old and his first name is David, but he's ridiculously athletic, apparently, despite looking like he's a hundred and three. I think I should figure out some way of merging them, so I could have Jason Bourne as my professor. Both classes seem really good, but Math has homework due every day except Sunday. (Yes, that includes Saturday).
My Chemistry professor dresses like a caricature of every college professor ever, including a bowtie and glasses perched on the end of his nose. He seems like a really good teacher too, and I'm getting excited to have Chemistry again.
My Philosophy professor reminds me of Gilderoy Lockhart approximately 20 years after he was Obliviated. Partly because he has blond hair and a similar face shape, and partly because he seems a little bit like someone who got obliviated 20 years ago and has been slowly working his way back up to not being completely scatterbrained ever since.
My Biology professor has a talent for being boring. There is no other possible explanation. Any other teacher presenting his classroom policy and teaching theory would have completely interested me, because he has some interesting ideas about learning and has a few unusual policies. As it was, I could barely stay awake. It has to be some kind of antisuperpower or something.
My Book of Mormon professor thinks he's hilarious. Fortunately, he knows when a joke falls through, so that's not all awkward, and if someone tries to make that many jokes in a 50-minute interval, enough will succeed that they will be reasonably entertaining.
In an amusing plot twist, as I was riding to school today, my left pedal fell off. Like, it literally just fell off randomly. Fortunately I was right by the bike racks I meant to go to anyways, so I just parked it, went to Math, and then later that day stopped by the bike shop in the Wilk. They were totally awesome about it - they didn't even charge me because it was pretty minor repair. However, this did mean that I didn't have an excuse to meet a cute guy with bike skills. My blog might set the family record for most posts in a row detailing the potential of meeting cute guys. Somehow, I don't imagine Chloe challenging me for that record anytime soon.


3 comments:

  1. haha, only you would want a professor that looks like matt damon!!! on another note, i would like to see pictures of your chem and philosophy teachers! chem sounds like he should be ridiculous, and philosophy? well, to look like lockhart, is just special. and it sounds like your having WAYY too much fun already!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother Wilde called yesterday to make sure you were enrolled in institute (ha!).

    ReplyDelete