Sunday, September 18, 2011

Seven for Sunday

1) The BYU/Utah football game was yesterday. Apparently they've had Utah fans vandalize the statues around campus in the past, so they've all been Saran-wrapped. Somebody put this note on the statue of a family:


I watched the last half of the football game. We got totally pwned 54-10. Even I could tell it was embarrassing. There were a lot of turnovers and stuff that led to Utah getting a bunch of touchdowns that they really shouldn't have. On the plus side, I know a lot more about football now.

2) Yesterday I went grocery shopping. Alex and I rode our bikes to a grocery store a little further away, and they had brie cheese! I was so pleased. In other food news, I also found coconut m&ms for sale, which should make Carmen jealous, and discovered that the food court has curly fries, which should make Steven jealous.

I made curry yesterday. My current meal planning has mostly consisted of making a lot of awesome food on the weekend, and then eating leftovers all week. Last week's enchiladas were great. I used really spicy salsa, and the tortillas were sooooooooo good.

3) I had a biology midterm. I'm not sure why he calls them "midterms" when there's four of them. They're really more like unit tests. Anyways, I got 94, which is always a really irritating mark for me because it's good enough that I can't complain without annoying everyone else, but not good enough for me to be 100% pleased.

4) I got called as one of our 3 ward organists. So, that's pretty cool. I don't have too much to say about that, except that it happened.

5) It kind of cooled down this week. It's only in the high 70s now haha. I still come home and stick my head in the freezer after riding home in the middle of the afternoon, and my roommate gives me weird looks when I do that. I just remind her that the shoe will be on the other foot in a few months.

6) I got my birthday presents in the mail like three days after I asked for them. Don't worry, they're still unwrapped.

7) I definitely have more homework to do now than I did in high school. I'm actually pretty pleased about that, because it's nice to see that yes, I can actually work hard when there is a need to do so. I had been a little worried that since I didn't need to work in high school, I wouldn't be able to rise to the challenge or something, but that has turned out to totally not be the case. Hard work and being challenged feels nice. That's one of the best things about university, is finally being able to really choose classes and stuff that require me to live up to my potential. So far I'm getting straight A's.

9 comments:

  1. Hey - I'm loving reading all your posts and seeing you experience university life. Way to go on the 94% ---- you're right; never let anyone hear you complain about that mark!

    You made me want some brie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.Did anyone post the statue and the note on seen/heard @ BYU? Is that where you got it or did you take the picture?
    2.That sounds like good meal planning to me, but you know how I love leftovers.
    3.Get an honest 92 to complain about would you? Ha.
    4.This one cracks me up because it's like you all had to audition for the calling. There's a lesson there though: never substitute in a calling you don't want to get.
    5.I hope your roommate doesn't come home and stick her head in the oven come winter.
    6.U.S. post is a wonder.
    7.You apparently emailed something to Ms Debroja? Your comments were all typed up on the AP note handed out at meet the teacher night. Though you remained an unnamed source. Mr. Ostrander told me it was you, but Mr. J didn't know. He didn't like not knowing either, and was mildly relieved to find out who it was when I was chatting with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I got this pic from Seen @ BYU but I took my own too, I just can't figure out how to get stuff off my cell phone.

    7. Yeah, she emailed us asking if we could come speak, and I couldn't obviously, so I emailed her back and said if she wanted something to quote (they had something someone had emailed her a few years ago at the AP meeting), she could quote me. And then I provided quotable material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sign is hilarious!
    I adore leftovers.
    I'm glad you are finally feeling challenged. What great patience you have had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My roommates are from Utah, Dad.

    They don't dislike it. They wouldn't eat it all week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what do you mean by the present is still unwrapped don't you mean wrapped? And I am getting enough coconut m'n'm's from HAWAii from sis. Ockey so I am not jealous! so HA

    Love Carmen

    ReplyDelete