...just busy.
On conference weekend, my roommate and I went up to Salt Lake City on Saturday to see if we could get tickets. We couldn't, but we watched in the Tabernacle and that was still pretty cool. On the way home, we met some guy from kijiji in the parking lot of the Costco in Lehi and I bought myself a birthday present:
We were going to have a birthday party for me, but my birthday was on Conference weekend and so that didn't end up working out. So, we were like, okay cool, we'll just have it the next weekend! (Since there's no Canadian thanksgiving to drag everyone out of town, like there is at home). But, it was homecoming week, and on a whim I bought a ticket to the homecoming football game from some girl for $20. As a huge coincidence, my ticket was right beside Connor Jensen's group, so I got to hang out with him the whole time. We had pretty great seats too - 7th row up, right behind the endzone that got pretty much all the touchdowns.
Am I a football fan now? I definitely like it better than I did before - it was really enjoyable. But there's a lot of time where they're just standing around, leaving me free to notice other people in the stadium, like this adorable little boy:
I guess he thought we were all cheering too loudly.
Well, the next weekend I FINALLY had my birthday party. I made chocolate peanut butter cake. It tasted awesome, but I wasn't so impressed with how it looked because we had no cake pans, so I had to buy cheapo aluminum ones from buylow, and so the edges of the cake were slanted, so I trimmed them, and the cake is really soft and the icing is really thick, so there were crumbs all over the icing. In fact, the chocolate glaze hid the fact that I couldn't make the icing on the sides and the top meet without destroying the cake.
In other news, I had tons of midterms and everything these past few weeks, which is why my blog has been silent and boring. I have 4 more tests next week, but I decided to not keep people in suspense any longer.
I have no really good way to end this post, so I'll just entertain you with a funny image that came to mind as I was trying to frost my cake:

I'm glad you're alive! I was beginning to wonder... just kidding :).
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks delish, by the way! And those cookie monster cupcakes on the bottom are exactly how they would turn out if I tried to make them!
That cake looks delicious. That is all that matters. Yum.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I totally thought about you turning 18 on the big day. I almost phoned your mom just to tease her that her baby girl was an official adult, but I decided to be a kind sister.
ReplyDeleteThose cookie monster cupcakes are hilarious. Who hasn't had that happen to them?