So...
It was really warm this week. My professors conspired together to give me lots of homework so that I couldn't get out and enjoy the weather.
On Wednesday, I had a Presidential Scholar dinner. The food was really good, except it was pasta, and I get pasta for lunch pretty much every day. When I get home for the summer, I don't want to eat pasta again for 4 months. Seriously. We were entertained by the BYU Jazz Voices, who sounded really cool.
On Friday I did Locks of Love. I hadn't really planned on it, but I was walking through the Wilk about a week before, trying to avoid the millions of flyers for every event or social cause that get handed out there (an impossible task), when I saw a Locks of Love poster. And I was like, hey, I should do that! And then I was like, wait, what???
I was kind of nervous to get my hair cut, because I've always thought long hair was really pretty, and never really been satisfied with any of the shorter haircuts I've gotten. But, I did it, and I love it! It's so convenient, for one thing, and it's really fun. I shake my head around and it feels cool. I'm still debating whether I want to grow it back out or not.

On Friday night, I went to the year-end Men's Chorus concert. It was awesome. There was a ton of beautiful music, and at the end, they sang "La Cucaracha", which featured some amusing touches, including fake black mustaches. After the concert, I was pretty tired, so Mason told me to just go to bed, don't read or go on the Internet or anything. (Hey Mom, turns out the way to get me to go to bed on time all those years was to get a cute guy to tell me to.) The next morning, I discovered the shocking fact that it's actually easy to wake up early when you go to bed at a reasonable hour.
Before we broke up, Mason got us tickets to see BYU Vocal Point, and since we're still totally friends, we still went to that on Saturday morning. Vocal Point is AMAZING. I don't even think I can describe how much I enjoyed it. Furthermore, it was a Family Matinee, so there were a ton of cute little kids around. I love babies and little kids. I don't get nearly enough of them on campus.
Another funny thing was, since it was a kid show, at one point a member of Vocal Point pretended to be Elmo. He did the impression spot-on, it was actually a little creepy, haha. The best part was when they decided to sing a song, and another guy said, "Hey Elmo, what part do you sing?" In his Elmo voice, the guy said, "Well, when Elmo sings with the guys, Elmo likes to sing...bass." And he said "bass" in a REALLY deep voice. It was hysterical.
Anyways, that was basically my week. I was kind of half-asleep for most of it, but it ended on a high note. (Pun not originally intended)
(I have an issue with people who say "no pun intended" in writing. In speaking, sure, you said it now and you can't retract it, so obviously it could be a happy coincidence. But when you're writing, sure you could accidentally make a pun, but if you left it in, it became intended, and now you're using the phrase "no pun intended" to draw attention to a pun you deliberately included, which is the exact opposite of what the phrase means)
I'm glad someone is a good influence on your bedtime.
ReplyDeleteNo pasta. Got it.
The whole update was a good read, but the mini pun rant at the end is what cracked me up. Ha!
ReplyDelete