Sunday, October 7, 2012

By Popular Request

Aaaaaaand here's the latest blog update!

So I've made friends with one of the preemies in our ward, Jared. He's usually a tremendous flirt, but we've managed to mutually friendzone each other to the extent that he accidentally took me on a date on Tuesday. He asked me ahead of time to Sammy's (which is a lot like Peter's) and paid for my meal, and he was genuinely thrown for a loop when I pointed out it was a date. It was really funny.

Thursday was my birthday. I was going to have to work on Thursday night, but then I didn't, so we didn't plan much in particular. Audrey and Sarah made me Red Velvet cake for my birthday. We went on a roommate excursion to WalMart, where Shawntelle bought me mozzarella sticks for my birthday and I bought the ingredients for chevre chaud salad, which I made today and yesterday. (And it was amazing.)

We basically just celebrated my birthday by hanging out. Jared stopped by, and Wes, who's friends with Shawntelle. It was fun.

On Friday I had my first day at work. It was a bit unusual, because it was a football game, so it's not how it normally goes. I was in the dishroom from 9 pm until 3 am. Everyone was like, "Worst shift ever! Baptism by fire! Blah blah blah..." I was just sitting there thinking, if this is the worst shift ever, this job's pretty good.

I also worked on Saturday. It was a really fancy event with some Palestinian guests. I thought it was really fun. I like doing something productive that doesn't require thinking. Plus, I got to eat the leftover salmon, kebabs, rice, and cake from the event. It was great.

Our roommates watched Conference with the guys in Apartment 1, since they have a TV, so that was fun. This evening, our ward carpooled up the canyon and had a little mini testimony meeting about Conference, so that was awesome.

I've been pretty busy with everything, so until next time I update my blog, things are great!

1 comment: